Monday 16 December 2013

Dear All,

Today's I want talk about this food, on the right side of this writing. What it is looks like to you? A chicken? Rice? and Egg?, can you guess, what kind of food it is?

This dish of rice is called "Gudeg" Indonesian name. Actually the this dish can be called "Gudeg" not because of its rice or chicken or egg, but because of one vegetable/ fruit dish on the top of it which has a sweet taste. Although all the ingredients will be cooked in sweet taste also. :D

The picture is a Gudeg from Yogya- Indonesia, which famous of its Gudeg food also as its traditional food. FYI, Gudeg is originally from two places. One is Yogya and another one is from Solo. The picture on the right is from the famous road on Yogya called Wijilan, and the restaurant which sell this Gudeg is Yu Djum Gudeg. Wijilan is the name of one place which held many of restaurant. When I got there, there are almost 10 or 20 restaurant that selling the same food, Gudeg. Actually I quite confuse, which restaurant should I try, but based on our driver recommendation we go to Yu Djum Gudeg. As it said, its also the most famous and the most crowded restaurant at Wijilan. 


Well, now we go to the taste itself. From its look, I can say it makes me wanna order more. Because it looks kind of like some snack for me. But, the looks also tempting and makes me wanna eat the Gudeg immediately. I want to start with the rice. The rice is really nice, not that much (in good portion) and good tasting/ in english translation can be also said smooth and mellow, hahaha. 
Next is the Gudeg itself, it is the food that makes from jack fruit. I cannot say much about this, why? because it is really delicious. Not that sweet but just right. The other other side dish is called Krecek, it is made from chips which cooked with chili. There is no soup of it so it kinds of dry. At Gudeg dish this Krecek is one of my favorite because of its spicy taste. Yes, I like spicy. :)
The chicken really done beautifully, the spices really get in to the meat and the egg also. You can see that the egg color has change, not white but has a dark brown color, so does the chicken. So, you can imagine the taste right? hehehe

When I eat this, I order additional Krecek, for additional food. I eat this with my family, my dan and my mom. They also said the same thing like me, which is the Gudeg is delicious. In my opinion, you cannot categorize Gudeg from Yogya and Solo. It is too much differences. But, basically Gudeg Yogya is usually much sweeter that Gudeg Solo. Although, the ingredients and other things inside are the same. You will have preference side dish, such as Krecek, Chicken (any part of it), Egg and the Gudeg itself. You can order the chicken only or egg only or all in one. 

Finally, if you ask my recommendation, I will definitely suggest you to try this Gudeg at Wijilan Yogya. For the score I will give 70 out of 100. Because, I still prefer Gudeg Solo from Gudeg Yogya, :D. The only minus point is, the traffic. It will absolutely takes your time. I need about 30 minutes from the front gate of the road until I can reach Yu Djum restaurant.  

Well, that's all I can talk about one of Indonesia culinary. If you are interested, you can come to Yogya and try this by yourself. Be careful in choosing Gudeg, because there are really a lot of this food in Yogya and Solo, its looks like Fried Rice in Jakarta.

Good Food Good Mood.
Remember, there will be no big happiness without a little happy things inside.

Your food-story-teller

renreiki









No comments:

Post a Comment